This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personally identifiable information. It applies to any website maintained by iSign Solutions Inc. (iSIGN) where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any iSIGN application, service, or tool (collectively "Services") where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices. By accessing our website or using our Services and/or registering for an account with iSIGN, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice via email. This Privacy Notice is effective upon acceptance in registration for new registering users, and is otherwise effective on September 30, 2015 for all users.
Personally identifiable information is any information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate an individual, either alone or combined with other easily accessible sources. It includes information that is linked or linkable to an individual, such as medical, educational, financial and employment information. Examples of data elements that can identify an individual include name, fingerprints or other biometric (including genetic) data, email address, telephone number or social security number. Examples of laws related to disclosure of personally identifiable information are listed below:
- HIPAA/HITECH - Health related information
- GLBA - Financial information
- Privacy Act - Fair Information Practices for personally identifiable information held by Federal Agencies
- COPPA - Protects children’s privacy by allowing parents to control what information is collected
- FERPA - Student’s personal information
- FCRA - Collection and use of consumer information
iSIGN is committed to ensuring the safety and non-disclosure of your personally identifiable information in accordance with these various laws.
We may collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any computers or devices that you may use when you: access our website, use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. The personally identifiable information that we may collect includes the following:
- Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us, such as social security number (SSN), passport number, taxpayer identification number, patient identification number, and financial account or credit card number;
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us;
- Asset information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) or Media Access Control (MAC) address or other host-specific persistent static identifier;
- Server logs that include your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser; and
- Unique device identifiers (sometimes called a universally unique ID or UUID) that are represented by a string of characters that is incorporated into a device by its manufacturer and can be used to uniquely identify that device (for example an IMEI-number of a mobile phone).
We also collect information about your interaction with our Services. This is information we receive from the computers or devices you use when you use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
Usage of Cookies
We may use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of our website to help analyze our web page flow, measure effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive that are tied to your IP address and assist us in providing our Services. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our website or while using our Services.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We use personally identifiable information we collect to provide and improve our Services, to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
- Provide, improve, and personalize our Services;
- Provide access to and use of our Services;
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services;
- Contact you about your account and provide you customer service;
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys and questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service; and
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce this privacy and other iSIGN policies, as well as the terms and conditions of our subscription and other agreements.
We retain personally identifiable information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personally identifiable information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our subscription and other agreements and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain personally identifiable information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
Information Shared Outside of iSIGN
Except as explained in this Privacy Notice, in privacy policies for specific services, or in agreements with our clients and customers, iSIGN does not sell, license or share information that individually identifies our customers or people using our Services, or website visitors with others without the consent of the person whose information will be shared.
iSIGN uses vendors and partners for a variety of business purposes such as to help us offer, provide, repair and bill for Services we provide. We share information with those vendors and partners when it is necessary for them to perform work on our behalf. For example, we may provide your credit card information and billing address to our payment processing company solely for the purpose of processing payment for a transaction you have requested. We ask that these vendors and partners protect the customer information we provide to them and use iSIGN customer data only for the purposes for which it was provided. We request that these types of vendors and partners refrain from using this information for their own marketing purposes.
As described in more detail in other sections of this Privacy Notice, iSIGN also may share certain information with outside companies. However, except as provided in this Policy Notice, such information does not contain any personally identifiable information. We may disclose personally identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- to comply with valid legal process including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law;
- in cases involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person or other emergencies;
- to protect our rights or property, or the safety of our customers or employees;
- to protect against fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of or subscription to our services and to protect our network, services, devices and users from such use;
- to advance or defend against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative proceedings and elsewhere;
- to credit bureaus or collection agencies for reporting purposes or to obtain payment for iSIGN-billed services;
- to a third-party that you have authorized to verify your account information;
- to outside auditors and regulators; or
- with your consent.
Subject to the following paragraphs, iSIGN takes all reasonably diligent precautions to protect personally identifiable information, both online and off-line. We protect personally identifiable information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free and, as set forth in the Terms of Service, iSIGN makes no warranty and assumes no liability for any such transmission or any damages incurred in connection therewith. If you have any questions about our Website security, please contact email@example.com.